Train, Validate, and Test
- Evaluation Measures - Classification Performance
- Data Science essentials: Why train-validation-test data? | Sagar Patel - Medium
- About Train, Validation and Test Sets in Machine Learning | Tarang Shah - Towards Data Science
- What is the Difference Between Test and Validation Datasets? | Jason Brownlee - Machine Learning Mastery
- Training Dataset: The sample of data used to fit the model.
- Validation Dataset: The sample of data used to provide an unbiased evaluation of a model fit on the training dataset while tuning model hyperparameters. The evaluation becomes more biased as skill on the validation dataset is incorporated into the model configuration.
- Test Dataset: The sample of data used to provide an unbiased evaluation of a final model fit on the training dataset.